Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Modern Medicine


I am really shocked. I just got home from the doctor's and I can not believe the treatment I got.
I know, you're thinking, "ugh, what did they do now?!", but you're wrong.
I just got the most thorough "walk in cause I'm feeling lousy" check up I've ever received. EVER.
With past doctors, I have been treated like a hypochondriac over the phone, waited for AT LEAST 20 minutes past appointment time, only to get into the room to wait longer. Then finally gotten told that, "yeah, people get sick, you're fine". No tests. No blood work. Not even a little empathy. And don't even talk to me about how frustrating it is with kids. You have to try to act concerned enough to bring them in but not so worried that you look like you have that crazy disease where you think your kid's dying every other day!

Now, normally, I never go to the doctor, unless it's painfully obvious I can't kick it on my own. I have been feeling pretty lousy for the last few days though, coughing, sneezing, sinus pressure, and hacking up things I don't wish to share with you. With 3 kids and a DH that travels a lot, I can not afford to get sick. I've had Pneumonia before and DID NOT want it again!!! I called the Dr this morning after I nearly passed out during my weights (not cardio) class. They got me in today. (which right there, could have been my awesome blogpost, but it gets better!)
After 2 chest X-Rays, 2 Sinus X-Rays, a swab for Flu, a swab for Strep, blood work for Mono, and breathing treatment for asthma, they decided I don't have Pneumonia, but just to be safe they gave me a killer shot in the butt, and another one in the thigh, and wrote me up a script for an antibiotic and 2 allergy meds.
Wow.
I love civilian medicine.

-cleo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails