Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Unacceptable!

Things are different these days. Maybe. Or maybe my parents just had standards. (My, OH, my, how you view your parents differently as you get older!!!)

Look at this picture:



Okay, the back story. A few days ago (or whenever... I have NO concept of time), we put this bedframe out by the trash (to, um, you know... THROW OUT!). It was leaning up against the garage (on its' side--with the legs sticking out--you see?).

Okay. Yesterday it was sitting in its' current location covered in the hay (which you see in the box). Oh, and the empty box was setting exactly where it is now. Important note to story: this is not our hay. Nor do we have ANY idea where the hay came from.

So... yesterday afternoon, I see a bunch of neighborhood boys (who are known to play in that area) cutting through the house and the garage (don't get me started on that!!)... so I ask them who did that?

Me: "hey guys, who made this mess?"
Kid #1: "it was my friend, he's not here"
kid #2 (simultaneously): "it was Scapegoat"
me: "okay, tell Scapegoat he better get back here and clean it up"
kids: "okay"

So... today. Kid #2's Mom was talking to me over the fence in that same area. I point to the mess and say "do you know Scapegoat? Kid #2 said Scapegoat did this". She says she will talk to kid #2 and find out.

Not much later Scapegoat's mom comes over. I show her the mess. She says "so you just want it cleaned up?" I say "yes."

And there you have it. This (above picture) is how Scapegoat cleaned it up.

Are you FRIGGEN kidding me? Did I mention the hay does not belong to us? Did I mention how the frame was previously leaning up against the garage?

Yeah, thought so.

Let me tell you how this would have played out in my house. My scared little ass would have been hauled down (by the ear) to the neighbors' house. I would have had to knock on the door, apologize to the neighbor, and clean it up while listening to my mom talk about what a worthless little shit I am.

It's a shame parents don't have the same kind of love for their kids today.

(Now to be fair--this never would have actually happened to me, because I was perfect... but I can totally see it happening to my brothers)

*as a side note/question: the bike that you can see in the background, the one leaning up against the other garage... go ahead and go back to the picture, I'll wait... um, yeah, that bike... it belongs to Scapegoat... would it be completely wrong of me to take that as collateral until this mess is cleaned up?

1 comments:

Cat H said...

I had to comment. I love your blog! It is entertaining and makes me LOL! Consider me a fan because I'm hooked! I can't wait for the next post.

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails