Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Meals for a (Half-)Martyr

Hi, my name is Isis, and I'm a Stay at Home Martyr.

Except when it comes to feeding my child. I don't really go all out... organic, homemade, lower sugar, blah, blah, blah...

However, my child always eats better than me....

I will exemplify this by sharing with you my menu for the day:

DS (almost 2):
cereal bar, OJ
eggo waffle, OJ
goldfish crackers
peanut butter sandwich, mandarin oranges, milk
more goldfish, water
macaroni & cheese, corn, milk

Me, (almost 35):
tea with a crap load of REAL sugar and a bit of milk
Totinos pizza rolls with a ton of ketchup
(I might have had some water)
handfuls of goldfish crackers
Uncle Ben's rice in a bag and chocolate milk (after kids go to bed)

It is SHOCKING to me that I:
complain about being a FAT ASS-- (seriously... Totinos pizza rolls--COME ON!!)
have ANY energy to play with kids at all
wonder my skin/hair/nails look like I live in the sahara desert

*note: we usually only eat like this on nights that DH will not be home. On those nights, swap out macaroni and cheese for something delicious, like frozen pizza. Or Hamburger Helper.

Isis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails