Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Answering the phone is EXPENSIVE!

"Your support will really help keep kids on the playground and out of the penitentiary."

That was today's telemarketing/fund raising pitch. Some organization of law enforcement that works with kids and sports and something like that... Well how can I argue with logic like that?

"sorry, I have to get a manicure"

In the last few months we have donated to 2 different police organizations and they call us ALL. THE. TIME. We get caught up on the phone with them and it is hard to say NO.

"we really need to eat out everyday this weekend."

"We can send you the information, if that makes you more comfortable"

"sure, that's fine, but I really already spent all my extra money this month at Target."

"Great, so can I put you down for $15"

"no, actually, I am a cold heartless bitch and I don't really care about the kids. or their drugs."
"Since this is a non-profit, the postage has already been paid"

"well, shit, I don't really have anymore excuses...do I?"

So, they are going to send me the paperwork. And I am going to donate 15 dollars to the keep kids off drugs so they stay on the playground and out of the penitentiary.

I am never answering the phone again. It is too expensive.

(repost from 8/15/2008, original "family" blog)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails