Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Food Recipes

Apparently I thought baby food was some intricate recipe that no one could duplicate and "real" stuff wasn't good for your new-to-food baby. Can you say, "sigh, first time mom..." ??
I ran out of jarred food the other day and after my mini heart attack, I took and deep breath and thought, "ok, this can't be that hard." I had a friend tell once that she got spinach in her kids diet by pureeing it with bananas, since it masks the taste. Something about sweet smelling green stuff never sounded appetizing though. But I was at a loss for options to feed my 7month old. I had to try it. Well, not me, he had to try it, I certainly wasn't eating it! ;) So it was a totally hit and he gobbled it up!!! (I have a Magic Bullet which is great for smaller portions such as these. I rinse after each use so I can make everything fresh.) No more costly jarred baby food and I have the added pleasure of knowing exactly what my son is eating. No chemicals. No preservatives. It's so great.

Here's the 2 recipes I made yesterday.

Bananas with Spinach- (Makes 2 servings)
1 ripened banana
handful spinach
Blend to puree
I added some oatmeal to thicken it a little

Applesauce- Made 1 serving
Cut a few pieces off an apple (keep skin)
add some water and steam in microwave for 20 seconds
Add some cinnamon and puree.

Here's some other sites that have great ideas!
Parents Magazine
Homemade-Baby-Food-Recipes.com
Wholesome Baby Food



0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails