Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Decorating Ideas {on the cheap}

One of my favorite jobs was at Pier One Imports. I worked the early morning shift and always arrived when the stock truck showed up. Pulling broken pieces of the truck was the most exciting moment, you never knew what would be inside!
One morning, a box of broken glassware came in, and to the others at the store, it was the usual "write up a damaged ticket and throw it away" but to me, it was "OH! Treasure!"
Before I had kids who either broke my artsy décor or hurt themselves on it, I always found unique uses for things that would otherwise end up in the trash. I took home a few of the wine glasses I had picked and decided to create a little focal point in our cheapy rinky dinky apartment.
I ended up with the most complimented pieces of décor in my home. I loved this display, everyone always mentioned how unique it was, and I'm almost mad at myself for being too responsible to throw it out when we had a baby.
I hope it inspires you to take a second look at that so called "piece of garbage"!
Happy Decorating!




A68C8DXZCX8F

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Past

Related Posts with Thumbnails